Now the job of configuring 100 and joining them to the network begins.
The process includes the following steps.
- Turning on the tablet and putting in time zone details and Google account settings. The same account will be used for all 100 tablets.
- Connecting to the wireless network which means manually typing in the name of the SSID the security type and password.
- Go the advanced settings and type in proxy details including server IP and port number.
- Check the connection by connecting to the internet. This will then require authentication to a staff account which is an ID number and password.
- Place into a protective cover which has been purchased.
- Recording the serial number of the device onto data base and labelling it with a identity number .
- Placed into a basket ready for charging in special trolleys. Eight tablets are placed in each basket.